Extra Life unites thousands of players around the world in a 24 hour gaming marathon to support Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. Since its inception in 2008, Extra Life has raised more than $30 million for local CMN Hospitals. It is time for NJIT to join this amazing tradition.
Streaming will occur throughout the 24-hour event. You can either show up in person (you will have access to food and chances to win prizes) or stream at your room/preferred location. On Friday we will add all the streamers to our HighlanderThon Team on Twitch. All streamers must have their Donor Drive (donation) link in their stream description in order to raise funds for Children's Specialized. Your respective clubs/organizations can make a team and have their members join that. Then post the links to their donor drive page in the streamer's individual stream description.
Steps to Register!
1. Go to highlanderthon.com
2. Click on "Donor Drive" in the upper right-hand corner
3. Click "Register Now!"
4. Click "Dancer" then click "Create A Team"
5. Fill out the following information
6. Once the team is made, other members of your organization/team can join by following up to step 3 and then clicking "Join A Team"
7. Once each person's donor drive page is made, they can copy and paste that into their stream description so that donors can click on it.
Power strips will be provided so that in-house streamers have full battery
Sign in and sticker system will be used to keep track of personal laptops so that none get lost or misplaced.